These are instructions for the LH79520 but the process is the same for the LH75401 card engine.
Objective: To install BoLo bootloader to a LH79520-10 Zoom SDK using either a Wiggler or Raven
o LH79520-10 Zoom SDK with power supply
o Windows 2000 PC
o Wiggler or Raven JTAG debugger from Macraigor Systems LLC (http://www.macraigor.com/)
o Null modem serial cable to connect PC and LH79520-10 Zoom SDK
o Parallel cable to connect PC and Wiggler or Raven JTAG device
o Cygwin with arm-elf-gdb toolset installed
o OCDemonLibRemote-Cygwin.exe (download and installed from either http://www.macraigor.com/
For further instructions refer to the Downloading OCDLibRemote section below.
o LH79520-10 Card engine specific bootstrap and BoLo ram code files (download from http://www.logicpd.com/support/downloads/).
1) go to http://www.macraigor.com/
2) select “FREE SOFTWARE”
3) select “GNU tools -> For 95 98 NT 2000 ... Everything you need can be downloaded from here.”
4) select “Install on Windows”
5) select either:
§ DOWNLOAD Arm7T/Arm9T/Netsilicon GNU toolkit
§ DOWNLOAD Arm7/Arm9/Netsilicon LibRemote
6) Once the file has downloaded to your computer, double-click it. OCDLibRemote.exe and associated files will be installed on your computer to: Cygwin/usr/local/bin.
Note: examples are located in the /tmp/OCDemon/Arm7/Sharp79520 directory
BoLo Installation Procedure:
1) Download and install the OCDLibRemote software from http://www.macraigor.com/.
(Refer to Downloading OCDLibRemote instructions above.)
2) Create a folder under Cygwin to store LH79520-10 Card engine specific bootstrap and BoLo ram files. Example: Cygwin/usr/local/bin
3) Download LH79520-10 Card engine specific bootstrap and BoLo ram files from https://www.logicpd.com/support/downloads/ to folder created in step #2.
4) Unzip the specific files in their respective folders. (Note: this step may not be necessary.)
5) Set the LH79520-10 Zoom SDK J6 JTAG jumpers to JTAG Operation setting as follows:
1. J22.214.171.124: +
2. J126.96.36.199: --
6) Connect the Wiggler/Raven JTAG debugger to the LH79520-10 Zoom SDK.
1. Verify J36 JTAG header pin 1 (labeled on application board) is connected to JTAG ribbon cable connector pin 1 (designated with arrow on connector and dark line on ribbon cable).
2. Connect the Wiggler/Raven to the parallel cable. Connect the parallel cable to the parallel port of the PC.
7) Use the Null-modem serial cable to connect the LH79520-10 Zoom SDK to the PC.
Open up a TeraTerm window. (Refer to the Zoom SDK User Manual for details.)
9) Connect the power supply to the App-Kit.
10) Open up a Cygwin Window. Change to the OCDLibRemote directory.
Example: cd /usr/local/bin
11) Start the Wiggler/Raven server by entering the appropriate command at the Cygwin prompt.
1. For Wiggler: ./OCDLibRemote.exe -c SharpArm7 -d WIGGLER -a 1 -s 4
2. For Raven: ./OCDLibRemote.exe -c SharpArm7 -d RAVEN -a 1 -s 4
12) Open up a second Cygwin Window. Change to the directory of LH79520-10 BoLo RAM and Bootstrap file. Example: cd /usr/local/bin
13) In the second Cygwin window, start the debugger by typing in the following command after the prompt:
14) The arm-elf-gdb toolset will initialize and give a “(gdb)” prompt. After this, enter the following:
(gdb) target remote localhost:8888
(gdb) load load bs_79520_dbg.elf
15) Wait a few seconds, then hit the ‘CTRL’ and ‘C’ keys to stop the bootstrap code.
16) Enter the following:
(gdb) load bolo_LLH79520_10_LCE_strip_RAM
(gdb) c ]
17) Click the previously opened TeraTerm window. BoLo should be running. Hit the ‘ENTER’ key and BoLo should respond by providing another “Losh>” prompt. Note: this is a RAM only version of BoLo. It’s purpose is to burn a BoLo and LoLo bootloader to flash memory. Resetting the LH79520-10 SDK at this point will erase this BoLo and necessitate this entire procedure to be repeated.
18) Use TeraTerm to update BoLo to the latest released BoLo Flash version, available from Logic’s download site. Refer to the Zoom SDK User Manual for further instructions.
19) Use TeraTerm to update LoLo to the latest released BoLo Flash version, available from Logic’s download site. Refer to the Zoom SDK User Manual for further instructions.
20) Return to the first Cygwin window and type ‘CTRL-C’ to stop the Wiggler server.
21) Cycle power to the LCE board. You should observe LoLo coming up in the TeraTerm window.
22) Congratulations, you have just restored BoLo and LoLo to your Card Engine.
1. Restore the J6 JTAG Jumper settings to normal operation.
2. Unplug the Wiggler/Raven JTAG Debugger from the J36 header.
For information regarding available arm-elf-gdb commands, please refer to the gdb help section. To enable it, type ‘help’ after the gdb toolset has been initialized.